`Run for Fun` marathon on April 21 in Jammu
Jammu: The third edition of the Jammu Marathon `Run for Fun` will be held here on April 21.
The marathon programme, which will feature a 4km run, half marathon and marathon events, besides a 12km run for boys and girls below the age of 17 years, will be held here on April 21, Additional Director General, Armed Police, S M Sahai told reporters.
He added that the prize purse for this year`s marathon events has been increased to Rs 3 lakh from previous year`s Rs 90,000.
While the top athlete in the Marathon will get a sum of Rs 25,000, the winner in the half-marathon will fetch an amount of Rs 10,000.
The winner in the 12km race will get a sum of Rs 8,000.
The ADGP added that the athletes from the paramilitary forces and J&K Police who secure first five positions in marathon and half-marathon will be awarded Commendation Certificate with suitable cash award.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP