`Run for Fun` marathon on April 21 in Jammu
Jammu: The third edition of the Jammu Marathon `Run for Fun` will be held here on April 21.
The marathon programme, which will feature a 4km run, half marathon and marathon events, besides a 12km run for boys and girls below the age of 17 years, will be held here on April 21, Additional Director General, Armed Police, S M Sahai told reporters.
He added that the prize purse for this year`s marathon events has been increased to Rs 3 lakh from previous year`s Rs 90,000.
While the top athlete in the Marathon will get a sum of Rs 25,000, the winner in the half-marathon will fetch an amount of Rs 10,000.
The winner in the 12km race will get a sum of Rs 8,000.
The ADGP added that the athletes from the paramilitary forces and J&K Police who secure first five positions in marathon and half-marathon will be awarded Commendation Certificate with suitable cash award.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- E-cigarettes can help eliminate smoking in 30 years: Research
- Standing desks in schools may help reduce weight in kids: Study
- Common chemical can make male turtles behave like females
- Kabul: One dead, 14 hurt in attack on American University
- Security beefed up in Mathura for Krishna Janmashtami celebrations