`Run for Fun` marathon on April 21 in Jammu
Jammu: The third edition of the Jammu Marathon `Run for Fun` will be held here on April 21.
The marathon programme, which will feature a 4km run, half marathon and marathon events, besides a 12km run for boys and girls below the age of 17 years, will be held here on April 21, Additional Director General, Armed Police, S M Sahai told reporters.
He added that the prize purse for this year`s marathon events has been increased to Rs 3 lakh from previous year`s Rs 90,000.
While the top athlete in the Marathon will get a sum of Rs 25,000, the winner in the half-marathon will fetch an amount of Rs 10,000.
The winner in the 12km race will get a sum of Rs 8,000.
The ADGP added that the athletes from the paramilitary forces and J&K Police who secure first five positions in marathon and half-marathon will be awarded Commendation Certificate with suitable cash award.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state