10-member TT team to leave for twin-tour of Germany, Spain
New Delhi: A 10-member Indian team, led by Achanta Sharath Kamal, will leave for twin-tour of Germany and Spain tonight to participate in the World Pro Tour.
The team consists of Sharath JKamal, Soumyajit Ghosh, Harmeet Desai, Anthony Amalraj and national champion Sanil Shetty in the men`s section.
Among women, the team is led by K Shamini, Madhuri Patkar, national champion Ankita Das, Pooja Sahasrabudhe and Manika Batra.
Foreign coach Peter Engel and national coach Bhawani Mukherjee will accompany the team for the twin-tour.
Sharath has put up a very good show in the Asian Cup, finishing sixth.
According to Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) secretary general Dharnraj Choudhary, these players will form the core group for the Glasgow Commonwealth Games as well as the Asian Games at Incheon, South Korea later this year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai