10-member TT team to leave for twin-tour of Germany, Spain
New Delhi: A 10-member Indian team, led by Achanta Sharath Kamal, will leave for twin-tour of Germany and Spain tonight to participate in the World Pro Tour.
The team consists of Sharath JKamal, Soumyajit Ghosh, Harmeet Desai, Anthony Amalraj and national champion Sanil Shetty in the men`s section.
Among women, the team is led by K Shamini, Madhuri Patkar, national champion Ankita Das, Pooja Sahasrabudhe and Manika Batra.
Foreign coach Peter Engel and national coach Bhawani Mukherjee will accompany the team for the twin-tour.
Sharath has put up a very good show in the Asian Cup, finishing sixth.
According to Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) secretary general Dharnraj Choudhary, these players will form the core group for the Glasgow Commonwealth Games as well as the Asian Games at Incheon, South Korea later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Afghans push India for more arms, despite Pakistan's wary eye
- Canada to US tourists: please leave your guns at home
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar