10-member TT team to leave for twin-tour of Germany, Spain
New Delhi: A 10-member Indian team, led by Achanta Sharath Kamal, will leave for twin-tour of Germany and Spain tonight to participate in the World Pro Tour.
The team consists of Sharath JKamal, Soumyajit Ghosh, Harmeet Desai, Anthony Amalraj and national champion Sanil Shetty in the men`s section.
Among women, the team is led by K Shamini, Madhuri Patkar, national champion Ankita Das, Pooja Sahasrabudhe and Manika Batra.
Foreign coach Peter Engel and national coach Bhawani Mukherjee will accompany the team for the twin-tour.
Sharath has put up a very good show in the Asian Cup, finishing sixth.
According to Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) secretary general Dharnraj Choudhary, these players will form the core group for the Glasgow Commonwealth Games as well as the Asian Games at Incheon, South Korea later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan