10-member TT team to leave for twin-tour of Germany, Spain
New Delhi: A 10-member Indian team, led by Achanta Sharath Kamal, will leave for twin-tour of Germany and Spain tonight to participate in the World Pro Tour.
The team consists of Sharath JKamal, Soumyajit Ghosh, Harmeet Desai, Anthony Amalraj and national champion Sanil Shetty in the men`s section.
Among women, the team is led by K Shamini, Madhuri Patkar, national champion Ankita Das, Pooja Sahasrabudhe and Manika Batra.
Foreign coach Peter Engel and national coach Bhawani Mukherjee will accompany the team for the twin-tour.
Sharath has put up a very good show in the Asian Cup, finishing sixth.
According to Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) secretary general Dharnraj Choudhary, these players will form the core group for the Glasgow Commonwealth Games as well as the Asian Games at Incheon, South Korea later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand
- Donald Trump has no clue about middle class, says Joe Biden
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency - Highlights
- India, Bangladesh Home Minister-level talks today - Know its agenda
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court likely to announce its order on Abu Jundal today