10-member TT team to leave for twin-tour of Germany, Spain
New Delhi: A 10-member Indian team, led by Achanta Sharath Kamal, will leave for twin-tour of Germany and Spain tonight to participate in the World Pro Tour.
The team consists of Sharath JKamal, Soumyajit Ghosh, Harmeet Desai, Anthony Amalraj and national champion Sanil Shetty in the men`s section.
Among women, the team is led by K Shamini, Madhuri Patkar, national champion Ankita Das, Pooja Sahasrabudhe and Manika Batra.
Foreign coach Peter Engel and national coach Bhawani Mukherjee will accompany the team for the twin-tour.
Sharath has put up a very good show in the Asian Cup, finishing sixth.
According to Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) secretary general Dharnraj Choudhary, these players will form the core group for the Glasgow Commonwealth Games as well as the Asian Games at Incheon, South Korea later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?