2 silvers, 4 bronze for India in World Wushu Ch`ship
New Delhi: Sanathoi Devi and Pooja Kadian had to be content with silver medals at the 12th World Wushu Championship in Malaysia even as India recorded its best ever performance in the prestigious event.
Manipur` Sanathoi lost her final bout in below 48kg category while CRPF player Pooja lost the final of the 70kg category bout.
Arjuna awardee Sandhyrani Devi secured a bronze in 60kg, while Chandra (48 Kg) and Ranjan Devri (75 Kg) also secured bronze medals for India.
In the men`s competition, Delhi`s Santosh Kumar settled for bronze after losing his semifinal in the 52kg category.
India had won two silver and two bronze medal in previous edition of the championship held at Ankara, Turkey in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch