2 silvers, 4 bronze for India in World Wushu Ch`ship
New Delhi: Sanathoi Devi and Pooja Kadian had to be content with silver medals at the 12th World Wushu Championship in Malaysia even as India recorded its best ever performance in the prestigious event.
Manipur` Sanathoi lost her final bout in below 48kg category while CRPF player Pooja lost the final of the 70kg category bout.
Arjuna awardee Sandhyrani Devi secured a bronze in 60kg, while Chandra (48 Kg) and Ranjan Devri (75 Kg) also secured bronze medals for India.
In the men`s competition, Delhi`s Santosh Kumar settled for bronze after losing his semifinal in the 52kg category.
India had won two silver and two bronze medal in previous edition of the championship held at Ankara, Turkey in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren