2013 not best season of career despite Diamond League win, says Bolt
London: Jamaican sprint star Usain Bolt has said that 2013 had not been the best season of his career despite securing victory in his final race of the year.
According to the BBC, Bolt won the 100m at the Diamond League finale in Brussels in 9.80 seconds, ahead of Mike Rodgers of the United States (9.90) and fellow Jamaican Nesta Carter (9.94).
Stating that it was not the perfect season for him as he got injured at the start, Bolt however, said that the best thing for him this season was that he finished on top, although he added that he needs to work on his start, which was slow in Brussels.
Bolt won the 100m, 200m and 4x100m titles at August`s World Championships in Moscow, while Great Britain`s James Dasaolu, the second fastest Briton ever after recording 9.91 seconds this season, finished eighth on Friday night.
There was success for Jamaican athletes elsewhere, with triple world champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce winning the women`s 100m in an impressive 10.72 seconds - just one hundredth of a second slower than the fastest time of the year, set by the sprinter at the Moscow championships, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach