2014 CWG Games in Glasgow on track
Glasgow (Scotland): Plans are progressing well for the staging of the 2014 Commonwealth Games here, the Co-ordination Commission (CoCom) has said after completing a detail review.
Commonwealth Games Federation Vice President Bruce Robertson is reporting that a number of venues have been completed or nearing completion.
"The infrastructure projects are being well managed by Glasgow City Council and the planning now being done by the Organising Committee to adapt venues for Games time use is well on track," Robertson was quoted as saying by CMC.
"The fact that a number of venues are either completed or are nearing completion, provides the CGF with significant confidence in the ability of Glasgow to deliver a successful Game."
The Commonwealth games from July 23 to Aug 3 feature 11 days of competition in 17 different sports.
Speaking at a news conference in Glasgow Robertson says the games village is shaping up to be `the best ever`.
"The development is well advanced, with many houses already in place 21 months out from the Games," Robertson said.
"The Village has the potential to be the best ever and a tremendous credit to Glasgow. This development really will provide a home away from home for the Athletes."
The review covered areas ranging from transport to security and included tours to venues including the newly completed Emirates Arena and the Games Village that is on time for delivery in January 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj