2014 CWG Games in Glasgow on track
Glasgow (Scotland): Plans are progressing well for the staging of the 2014 Commonwealth Games here, the Co-ordination Commission (CoCom) has said after completing a detail review.
Commonwealth Games Federation Vice President Bruce Robertson is reporting that a number of venues have been completed or nearing completion.
"The infrastructure projects are being well managed by Glasgow City Council and the planning now being done by the Organising Committee to adapt venues for Games time use is well on track," Robertson was quoted as saying by CMC.
"The fact that a number of venues are either completed or are nearing completion, provides the CGF with significant confidence in the ability of Glasgow to deliver a successful Game."
The Commonwealth games from July 23 to Aug 3 feature 11 days of competition in 17 different sports.
Speaking at a news conference in Glasgow Robertson says the games village is shaping up to be `the best ever`.
"The development is well advanced, with many houses already in place 21 months out from the Games," Robertson said.
"The Village has the potential to be the best ever and a tremendous credit to Glasgow. This development really will provide a home away from home for the Athletes."
The review covered areas ranging from transport to security and included tours to venues including the newly completed Emirates Arena and the Games Village that is on time for delivery in January 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda