2014 Tour de France will start in England`s Leeds
London: England`s Yorkshire city of Leeds will host the start of the 2014 Tour de France, it was announced.
The Tour, which last visited Britain in 2007, will head through Yorkshire 5 and 6 July, before moving south for a third stage, finishing in London, reports Xinhua.
Yorkshire beat off the challenge of bids from Florence and Edinburgh to host the prestigious cycling event.
It will be the fourth time the Tour has visited Britain after previous visits in 1974 and 1994.
Rotterdam, in the Netherlands, hosted the 2010 Grand Depart, while the 2012 race started in Liege in Belgium and next year`s 100th race will begin in Corsica.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok