2nd edition of World Series Hockey rescheduled
Mumbai: The second edition of World Series Hockey, earlier proposed to start next month, has been rescheduled, the organisers on Friday.
The decision to reschedule the dates of the tournament was taken after a request made by Indian Hockey Federation (IHF) to the organisers of the event.
A release issued by World Series Hockey, the organisers, said that the IHF wanted to reschedule the tournament in view of two important events happening in the next few days, including the November 25 IOA elections.
"There are two significant matters which could potentially properly define and cement the status of the IHF as the sole and exclusive governing body for hockey in India: 1) The appointment of a transparent and progressive regime at the Indian Olympic Association in its elections later this month.
"2) A favourable ruling/mediation by the FIH Judicial Commission (JC) on the matter of illegal disaffiliation of the IHF and illegal recognition of Hockey India as a member of the FIH. The JC hearing is currently ongoing," the release said.
"With both the above matters coming to a potential conclusion in the next few weeks, the IHF felt it appropriate to reschedule the path breaking WSH event," it said.
Sunil Manocha, President Nimbus Sport, said, "We want to create a conducive environment for all our stakeholders including players, officials, fans and franchises. Currently, the petty politics around the sport isn`t allowing for this and is taking away from the reinvigoration of the sport of hockey in India.
"The IHF has already proposed two alternative sets of dates for the 2nd edition of WSH and we will take a decision on which one to go with after a meeting with all the stakeholders at the end of this month."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores