3 Sikkim martial artists in Indian wushu team
Gangtok: Three martial artists from Sikkim have been selected in the 16-member Indian team for the 12th International Wushu Championship to be held at Tbilisi, Georgia from June 18 to 23.
The three martial artists who are selected for the upcoming tournament are O S Singh, Binita Rai and Aaron Gurung, a spokesman of the Sikkim Amateur Wushu Association (SAWA) informed PTI.
These three had represented the country in the previous edition of the championship also.
The last edition was held in Hong Kong where Singh won a gold, Rai bagged a silver, while Gurung had made it to the quarterfinal round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding