31,100 to run in Airtel Delhi Half Marathon
New Delhi: In excess of 31,000 runners will take over the streets of New Delhi for the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon Dec 15.
Among the 31,000 runners, 11,700 will run the half marathon (21.097 km), an increase of over 1,600 from 2012. The Great Delhi Run has attracted 18,000 entries, the Senior Citizens` Run 1,200 while the Champions with Disability will have 200 participants.
Former Olympic 100 metres champion and World record holder Donovan Bailey of Canada will be the Event Ambassador along with `Flying Sikh` Milkha Singh, who will be the special guest.
"I am delighted to be the event ambassador for the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon. It is so vital, that besides the amazing competitive field there is also the average runner who participates for health and fitness, charity and also for self belief. I am honoured to be a part of it and encourage everyone to be a participant in whatever way possible," Donovan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred