32 teams to compete in 4th HI Junior Women`s National
New Delhi: Thirty two teams will vie for top honours in the fourth edition of the Hockey India Junior Women National Championship to be held in Mysore from March 5-23.
The tournament, to be played on a league-cum-knockout basis at the Chamundi Vihar Stadium, will witness two new teams in Hockey Gangpur, Odisha and Vidarbha Hockey Association.
The 32 teams have been split in two groups of 16 each -- Division A and Dividion B.
The matches of Division B will be played from March 5 to 13 while the Division A games will be held from March 15 to 23.
The inaugural match of Division B will be played between Chhattisgarh and Himachal Pradesh in Pool C on March 5.
In Division A, last year`s bronze medalist Jharkhand will take on Bengal in the opening match on March 15.
Defending champions Haryana are placed in Pool A with Tamil Nadu, Sports Authority of India (SAI) and Rajasthan while last year`s runners-up Madhya Pradesh are placed in Pool B along side Delhi, Karnataka and Bhopal.
Defending champions Haryana will take on SAI in their opening match on March 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured