32 teams to compete in 4th HI Junior Women`s National
New Delhi: Thirty two teams will vie for top honours in the fourth edition of the Hockey India Junior Women National Championship to be held in Mysore from March 5-23.
The tournament, to be played on a league-cum-knockout basis at the Chamundi Vihar Stadium, will witness two new teams in Hockey Gangpur, Odisha and Vidarbha Hockey Association.
The 32 teams have been split in two groups of 16 each -- Division A and Dividion B.
The matches of Division B will be played from March 5 to 13 while the Division A games will be held from March 15 to 23.
The inaugural match of Division B will be played between Chhattisgarh and Himachal Pradesh in Pool C on March 5.
In Division A, last year`s bronze medalist Jharkhand will take on Bengal in the opening match on March 15.
Defending champions Haryana are placed in Pool A with Tamil Nadu, Sports Authority of India (SAI) and Rajasthan while last year`s runners-up Madhya Pradesh are placed in Pool B along side Delhi, Karnataka and Bhopal.
Defending champions Haryana will take on SAI in their opening match on March 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!