3rd Hockey India National Championships in Pune from May 28
Mumbai: The men`s Senior National Hockey Championship will be held here from May 28 to June 10 in Pune, the Mumbai Hockey Association (MHAL) said on Monday.
The Sub-Junior National Hockey Championship for boys and girls (West Zone) will be held between April 11 and 16.
MHAL President Mangha Singh Bakshi announced this on Monday.
A committee comprising former India captains Viren Rasquinha, Anil Aldrin, Darryl D`Souza, Davinder Kumar, Girish Pimple, Cornelius D`Costa and Edgar Mascarenhas has also been instituted to work towards helping youngsters from Mumbai get selected for India camps besides conducting free and fair trials.
MHAL has given lifetime membership to 13 international players and will extend this gesture for every Mumbai player who represents India in the years to follow. They also announced a set of new initiatives including revival of tournaments like Bombay Gold Cup, Super League and leagues from senior to fourth division, a release from the association said.
"For the first time in history, MHAL will be fielding Mumbai teams for Sub Junior, Junior and Senior Nationals organized by Hockey India Men`s and Women`s discipline," said Bakshi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured