4th senior women`s hockey championship begins from Thursday
Bhopal: Thirty-two teams will be participating in the 4th Senior Women`s Hockey Championship, which will be held here from Thursday.
"A total of 32 teams representing different states and nearly 650 hockey players will take part in the championship to be played at Aishbagh stadium and Major Dhyan Chand stadium," Madhya Pradesh sports director V K Singh told reporters yesterday.
The 11-day-long championship will be played in two divisions with each having 16 teams.
The matches for the first phase will be held from March 13 while the second phase starts from March 16, he said.
Division A teams: 1. Hockey Haryana 2. Madhya Pradesh Hockey Academy 3. Hockey Orissa 4. Chhattisgarh Hockey 5. Railway Sports Promotion Board 6. Uttar Pradesh Hockey 7. handigarh Olympic Association 8. Hockey Bihar 9. Hockey Jharkhand 10. Sports Authority of India 11. Mumbai Hockey Association 12. Hockey Bhopal 13. Hockey Punjab 14. Hockey Karnataka 15. Hockey Maharashtra 16. Hockey Kerala.
Division B teams: 1. Assam Hockey 2. Bengal Hockey Association 3. Goa Hockey 4. Vidharbha Hockey Association 5. Hockey Himachal Pradesh 6. Hockey Uttarakhand 7. Hockey Jammu and Kashmir 8. Hockey Gangpur Orissa 9. Hockey Unit of Tamil Nadu 10. Hockey Andhra Pradesh 11. Tripura Hockey 12. Hockey Mizoram 13. Hockey Rajasthan 14. Hockey Delhi 15. Hockey Gujarat 16. Hockey Pondicherry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe
- Virat Kohli: Homework was a 'big headache'
- Three more Indian athletes qualify for Rio Olympics
- 'Reprogrammed' bacteria eat carbon dioxide to produce sugars
- Government eliminates 1.6 crore bogus ration cards, to save Rs 10,000 crore