4th senior women`s hockey championship begins from Thursday
Bhopal: Thirty-two teams will be participating in the 4th Senior Women`s Hockey Championship, which will be held here from Thursday.
"A total of 32 teams representing different states and nearly 650 hockey players will take part in the championship to be played at Aishbagh stadium and Major Dhyan Chand stadium," Madhya Pradesh sports director V K Singh told reporters yesterday.
The 11-day-long championship will be played in two divisions with each having 16 teams.
The matches for the first phase will be held from March 13 while the second phase starts from March 16, he said.
Division A teams: 1. Hockey Haryana 2. Madhya Pradesh Hockey Academy 3. Hockey Orissa 4. Chhattisgarh Hockey 5. Railway Sports Promotion Board 6. Uttar Pradesh Hockey 7. handigarh Olympic Association 8. Hockey Bihar 9. Hockey Jharkhand 10. Sports Authority of India 11. Mumbai Hockey Association 12. Hockey Bhopal 13. Hockey Punjab 14. Hockey Karnataka 15. Hockey Maharashtra 16. Hockey Kerala.
Division B teams: 1. Assam Hockey 2. Bengal Hockey Association 3. Goa Hockey 4. Vidharbha Hockey Association 5. Hockey Himachal Pradesh 6. Hockey Uttarakhand 7. Hockey Jammu and Kashmir 8. Hockey Gangpur Orissa 9. Hockey Unit of Tamil Nadu 10. Hockey Andhra Pradesh 11. Tripura Hockey 12. Hockey Mizoram 13. Hockey Rajasthan 14. Hockey Delhi 15. Hockey Gujarat 16. Hockey Pondicherry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends