AAI chief lauds junior archers` performance in Mongolia
New Delhi: Archery Association of India president Vijay Kumar Malhotra today congratulated the Indian junior archery for winning an impressive haul of four medals, including one gold at the Asian Grand Prix Championship in Ulannbaatar, Mongolia.
"It is for the first time in the history of Indian archery when compound archers could win four medals in one international competition," Malhotra said.
The impressive tally of four medals comprise one gold, one silver and two bronze medals.
Y Charan Reddy had an excellent tournament having won gold medal in the compound men event, teaming up with Ramakanta Sharma and Ravi Sharma . He also won a bronze medal in compound men individual event apart from bagging a silver in the compound mixed team event along with Mihu Maselo.
Among others, the team of Maselo, Dudhwal Swati and Yumi Sorang also won a bronze medal in the compound team event for women.
Unfortunately, India missed out on two individual bronze medals in recurve men and compound women categories when Binod Swansi and Mihu Maselo lost their third-fourth place play-off matches respectively.
"It is good indication for Indian archery as second and third line of our archers are also performing well in first tournament of their career and are keeping pace with the senior Archers who won one gold and two Bronze medals in the third World Cup concluded at Medelllin, Columbia recently," Malhotra told media persons.
The juniors archers will now compete at the Youth World Archery Championship scheduled to be held at Wuxi, China from October 13 to 20 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!