AAI president congratulates Indian Archery team
New Delhi: The President of Archery Association of India (AAI), Vijay Kumar Malhotra on Monday congratulated Indian archery contingent for winning a gold and two bronze medals in the third World Cup Archery Championship at Medellin, Columbia.
Malhotra applauded the efforts of recurve women trio -- Deepika Kumari, Laishram Bombayla Devi and Rimil Buruily -- for clinching gold by beating the Chinese team in which two Olympic medal winners were playing.
He also praised the compound men`s team comprising Rajat Chouhan, K Ratan Singh and L Hari Das over Columbia to bag bronze medal, as well as Deepika Kumari and Atanu Dass for claiming bronze in Recurve Mixed event.
"The 3rd World Cup-Medellin was the most successful event during the current calendar year 2013 and will certainly boost the preparation of Indian Archery team for future important events like World Championship, Asian Championship and Asian Games," Malhotra said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city