ACT triumph is an indication of better things ahead: Balbir Sr
New Delhi: Hockey Olympian Balbir Singh Sr feels that India`s triumph in the Asian Champions Trophy is an indication of better things to come in near future.
"I want to congratulate the players and team management for this victory. This victory has come after a long time. Even the Indians based in Canada are delirious at this achievement. Let`s hope that this is the beginning of a bright future for Indian hockey," said the 87-year-old legendary centre forward from Vancouver, where he is now based.
Balbir Sr, who was member of three Olympic gold-medal winning squads (London` 48, Helsinki `52 and Melbourne `56), who has now been away from India for decades feels that any victory on foreign soil makes NRI Olympians proud.
"I feel elated as all such victories of our team enhance the prestige of former Olympians living abroad. It reminds me the golden past of Indian Hockey," the veteran stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report