Adithya Raghavan bags French Junior Open squash title
Lille (France): Adhitya Raghavan, a trainee of the Indian Squash Academy in Chennai, won his second international junior title when he annexed the French Junior Open boys under-15 title.
Unseeded Adhitya beat the local favourite and top seed Jules Cremourx 13-11, 11-5, 14-16, 11-4 in the finals here Friday. Last year, he had won the Iran Junior Open.
"Defeating all seeded players every round made this victory special," said a delighted Adhitya.
The youngster had knocked out seeded players Richard Hollins (Scotland), Christopher Daniel (Wales), Joshua Gutenberg (Switzerland) and Rohan Mandil (France) in the previous rounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future