Adithya Raghavan bags French Junior Open squash title
Lille (France): Adhitya Raghavan, a trainee of the Indian Squash Academy in Chennai, won his second international junior title when he annexed the French Junior Open boys under-15 title.
Unseeded Adhitya beat the local favourite and top seed Jules Cremourx 13-11, 11-5, 14-16, 11-4 in the finals here Friday. Last year, he had won the Iran Junior Open.
"Defeating all seeded players every round made this victory special," said a delighted Adhitya.
The youngster had knocked out seeded players Richard Hollins (Scotland), Christopher Daniel (Wales), Joshua Gutenberg (Switzerland) and Rohan Mandil (France) in the previous rounds.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?