Adithya Raghavan bags French Junior Open squash title
Lille (France): Adhitya Raghavan, a trainee of the Indian Squash Academy in Chennai, won his second international junior title when he annexed the French Junior Open boys under-15 title.
Unseeded Adhitya beat the local favourite and top seed Jules Cremourx 13-11, 11-5, 14-16, 11-4 in the finals here Friday. Last year, he had won the Iran Junior Open.
"Defeating all seeded players every round made this victory special," said a delighted Adhitya.
The youngster had knocked out seeded players Richard Hollins (Scotland), Christopher Daniel (Wales), Joshua Gutenberg (Switzerland) and Rohan Mandil (France) in the previous rounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh