Adithya Raghavan bags French Junior Open squash title
Lille (France): Adhitya Raghavan, a trainee of the Indian Squash Academy in Chennai, won his second international junior title when he annexed the French Junior Open boys under-15 title.
Unseeded Adhitya beat the local favourite and top seed Jules Cremourx 13-11, 11-5, 14-16, 11-4 in the finals here Friday. Last year, he had won the Iran Junior Open.
"Defeating all seeded players every round made this victory special," said a delighted Adhitya.
The youngster had knocked out seeded players Richard Hollins (Scotland), Christopher Daniel (Wales), Joshua Gutenberg (Switzerland) and Rohan Mandil (France) in the previous rounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Not Virat Kohli but Joe Root is the best batsman in cricket: Muhammad Yousuf
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert
- Cleanliness an issue at railway stations, needs to be addressed: CAG
- Bhagwant Mann video exposed whole security system of Parliament, finds Lok Sabha probe panel
- BCCI line-up special General Meeting in Mumbai on August 5 to discuss Lodha recommendations