Adithya Raghavan bags French Junior Open squash title
Lille (France): Adhitya Raghavan, a trainee of the Indian Squash Academy in Chennai, won his second international junior title when he annexed the French Junior Open boys under-15 title.
Unseeded Adhitya beat the local favourite and top seed Jules Cremourx 13-11, 11-5, 14-16, 11-4 in the finals here Friday. Last year, he had won the Iran Junior Open.
"Defeating all seeded players every round made this victory special," said a delighted Adhitya.
The youngster had knocked out seeded players Richard Hollins (Scotland), Christopher Daniel (Wales), Joshua Gutenberg (Switzerland) and Rohan Mandil (France) in the previous rounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...