Aditi sets up semifinal clash with Gurbani
Kolkata: Aditi Ashok set up an interesting duel with arch-rival Gurbani Singh in the semi-final after the former easily won her quarter-final in the Usha All India Ladies Matchplay Championships at the Tollygunge Club here friday.
Aditi, the defending champion and seeking to win the title and the Order of Merit, outplayed Seher Atwal 5 & 3, while Gurbani had to fight tooth and nail against Ridhima Dilawari before winning 2 & 1.
In the other half of the draw, the two matches were contrasting in nature. Millie Saroha, after trailing for a good part of the match, beat Raksha Phadke 2-up, while Gursimar Badwal ended the challenge of Jaipreet Ghumman 7 & 6 in a one-sided clash.
The semi-finals will be played tomorrow and the 36-hole final is scheduled for Sunday. This is the last event on the Usha ? IGU Calendar for 2012.
Aditi started well by winning the first two holes. Seher missed small putts on the first hole to give the early lead in to Aditi, who built on it and was 6-up after 11 holes.
However, Seher fought back winning the 12 and the 13th holes and eventually lost on 15th hole as Aditi made a 10-footer for birdie.
Ridhima was 3-under after 9 holes and was 1-up after 9 holes as Gurbani seemed to be struggling. But Gurbani hit back in time, as she won the 10th hole to level the match. The players were all square till the 15th, before Gurbani made a great birdie on the 16th to go one 1-up. She added the 17th as Ridhima missed her par putt while Gurbani tapped in a two-footer for par and wrapped up the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you