Aditya reaches last-16 in Snooker World C`ships
Bangkok: Former Asian Champion Aditya Mehta on Thursday became the only Indian to qualify for the last-16 stage of the 6-Red Snooker World Championships here.
He defeated Dechawat Pooma of Thailand with a lead score of 6-4.
The match was a see-saw affair as Aditya and Dechawat were locked 4-4 before the Indian took the lead in the ninth and 10th frame consecutively.
"I was really looking forward to the 6-Red World after my victory at the Asian Snooker Championships this year," Aditya said.
"I see myself coming through pretty well. It`s an achievement for me to be the only Indian in the `Last 16` stage of the tournament."
Aditya will be playing Panompai Powises of Thailand next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened