Aditya reaches last-16 in Snooker World C`ships
Bangkok: Former Asian Champion Aditya Mehta on Thursday became the only Indian to qualify for the last-16 stage of the 6-Red Snooker World Championships here.
He defeated Dechawat Pooma of Thailand with a lead score of 6-4.
The match was a see-saw affair as Aditya and Dechawat were locked 4-4 before the Indian took the lead in the ninth and 10th frame consecutively.
"I was really looking forward to the 6-Red World after my victory at the Asian Snooker Championships this year," Aditya said.
"I see myself coming through pretty well. It`s an achievement for me to be the only Indian in the `Last 16` stage of the tournament."
Aditya will be playing Panompai Powises of Thailand next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!