Aditya reaches last-16 in Snooker World C`ships
Bangkok: Former Asian Champion Aditya Mehta on Thursday became the only Indian to qualify for the last-16 stage of the 6-Red Snooker World Championships here.
He defeated Dechawat Pooma of Thailand with a lead score of 6-4.
The match was a see-saw affair as Aditya and Dechawat were locked 4-4 before the Indian took the lead in the ninth and 10th frame consecutively.
"I was really looking forward to the 6-Red World after my victory at the Asian Snooker Championships this year," Aditya said.
"I see myself coming through pretty well. It`s an achievement for me to be the only Indian in the `Last 16` stage of the tournament."
Aditya will be playing Panompai Powises of Thailand next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees