Aditya Thackeray felicitates hockey sensation Yuvraj Walmiki
Mumbai: City boy Yuvraj Walmiki, who is fast emerging as a sensation in Indian hockey, was felicitated by Yuva Sena president Aditya Thackeray.
Aditya also presented Walmiki a cheque of Rs 1 lakh at a function held yesterday.
"I will always try my level best in performing for my country," Walmiki said on the occasion.
Former hockey stars Mir Ranjan Negi and Dhanraj Pillay, who were also present on the occasion, wished Walmiki luck for the future.
Walmiki was part of the Indian hockey team which won the Asian Champions Trophy in China recently.
The 21-year-old scored during the penalty shoot-out against Pakistan in the final to help India take an important lead and eventually win the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Narendra Modi to address nation today, may talk to Army jawans
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015