Aditya Thackeray felicitates hockey sensation Yuvraj Walmiki
Mumbai: City boy Yuvraj Walmiki, who is fast emerging as a sensation in Indian hockey, was felicitated by Yuva Sena president Aditya Thackeray.
Aditya also presented Walmiki a cheque of Rs 1 lakh at a function held yesterday.
"I will always try my level best in performing for my country," Walmiki said on the occasion.
Former hockey stars Mir Ranjan Negi and Dhanraj Pillay, who were also present on the occasion, wished Walmiki luck for the future.
Walmiki was part of the Indian hockey team which won the Asian Champions Trophy in China recently.
The 21-year-old scored during the penalty shoot-out against Pakistan in the final to help India take an important lead and eventually win the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?