Aditya wins 3rd match in International Open snooker
Sheffield (England): India`s ace cueist Aditya Mehta came from behind to beat local player Jimmy White 6-5 third round match at the qualifying stages of the International Open snooker tournament here.
Ranked 74th in the world, Aditya played well in patches but was enough to beat his English opponent 6-5.
Trailing 1-3 behind in the first session, Aditya recovered with breaks of 79 and 69 to be 3-3 at the interval.
After losing a couple of close frames to trail 3-5 again, Aditya fought back and pulled one with a 53 break and then won a very close 10th frame on the pink to level 5-5.
In the deciding frame, even though Jimmy had the first opportunity, Aditya won with an excellent 73 to clinch victory.
Talking about the win, Aditya said, "I`m a little relieved as this was a tricky match. I knew I could do it, I just had to find my level in the game. This event is one of the majors on the pro tour and I need one more to win to get to the `Venue Stages` in China."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack