Aditya wins 3rd match in International Open snooker
Sheffield (England): India`s ace cueist Aditya Mehta came from behind to beat local player Jimmy White 6-5 third round match at the qualifying stages of the International Open snooker tournament here.
Ranked 74th in the world, Aditya played well in patches but was enough to beat his English opponent 6-5.
Trailing 1-3 behind in the first session, Aditya recovered with breaks of 79 and 69 to be 3-3 at the interval.
After losing a couple of close frames to trail 3-5 again, Aditya fought back and pulled one with a 53 break and then won a very close 10th frame on the pink to level 5-5.
In the deciding frame, even though Jimmy had the first opportunity, Aditya won with an excellent 73 to clinch victory.
Talking about the win, Aditya said, "I`m a little relieved as this was a tricky match. I knew I could do it, I just had to find my level in the game. This event is one of the majors on the pro tour and I need one more to win to get to the `Venue Stages` in China."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray