Advani pockets billiards title
Bangalore: Defending champion Pankaj Advani, with seven World titles to his credit, showed who the boss was as he beat Balachandra Bhaskar 1001-802 in the final of the 14th ECA Raman Nair handicap billiards tournament here on Friday.
With both players having displayed good form, the stage was set for a close battle. The 26-year old Advani opened the final with a run of 167 and followed it up with a 380 to counter Bhaskar`s breaks, 112 and 225, to take a comfortable if not winning lead.
Bhaskar, a five times winner here, fought back with a 206 that brought to fore his super touch, but he lost position to present Advani an opening. Advani replied with an unfinished 136 to close the match and pocket his third title.
Advani displayed flashes of brilliance and his mastery over the three-ball game was obvious during the break of 380 when he got into position to play the Postman`s Knock before a hasty shot cost him position that ended the break.
In the semi-finals on Thursday night, Advani edged past Dhruv Sitwala 1000-994 while Bhaskar outplayed a wayward Sethi 1000-398.
The results (semi-finals):
Advani (breaks - 67, 134, 126, 146, 228) bt Dhruv Sitwala (breaks 277, 154) 1000-994; Bhaskar (breaks 350, 138) beat Geet Sethi 1000-398.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday