Advani, state cueists felicitated by KSBA
Bangalore: Eight-time world champion Pankaj Advani was today felicitated by the Karnataka State Billiards Association (KSBA) for winning his sixth and overall 24th national title at the 81st National Snooker championship in Lucknow early this month.
PSPB`s Advani had defeated Railways` Kamal Chawla 6-3 in the summit clash of the snooker nationals.
Apart from Advani, KSBA also felicitated other state cueists including Vidya Pillai (8th national snooker title), Umadevi (5th national billiards title), Chitra M (runner-up in both national billiards and snooker), Arjun Mehta (sub-junior billiards silver) and M L Lakshman (sub-junior snooker bronze) here.
KSBA also rewarded the cueists handsomely, presenting them a cheque of Rs 50,000 for gold medal, Rs 35,000 for silver and Rs 25,000 for bronze.
Sub-junior category cueists got Rs 10,000 cash prize each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched