Advani, state cueists felicitated by KSBA
Bangalore: Eight-time world champion Pankaj Advani was today felicitated by the Karnataka State Billiards Association (KSBA) for winning his sixth and overall 24th national title at the 81st National Snooker championship in Lucknow early this month.
PSPB`s Advani had defeated Railways` Kamal Chawla 6-3 in the summit clash of the snooker nationals.
Apart from Advani, KSBA also felicitated other state cueists including Vidya Pillai (8th national snooker title), Umadevi (5th national billiards title), Chitra M (runner-up in both national billiards and snooker), Arjun Mehta (sub-junior billiards silver) and M L Lakshman (sub-junior snooker bronze) here.
KSBA also rewarded the cueists handsomely, presenting them a cheque of Rs 50,000 for gold medal, Rs 35,000 for silver and Rs 25,000 for bronze.
Sub-junior category cueists got Rs 10,000 cash prize each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win