Advani, state cueists felicitated by KSBA
Bangalore: Eight-time world champion Pankaj Advani was today felicitated by the Karnataka State Billiards Association (KSBA) for winning his sixth and overall 24th national title at the 81st National Snooker championship in Lucknow early this month.
PSPB`s Advani had defeated Railways` Kamal Chawla 6-3 in the summit clash of the snooker nationals.
Apart from Advani, KSBA also felicitated other state cueists including Vidya Pillai (8th national snooker title), Umadevi (5th national billiards title), Chitra M (runner-up in both national billiards and snooker), Arjun Mehta (sub-junior billiards silver) and M L Lakshman (sub-junior snooker bronze) here.
KSBA also rewarded the cueists handsomely, presenting them a cheque of Rs 50,000 for gold medal, Rs 35,000 for silver and Rs 25,000 for bronze.
Sub-junior category cueists got Rs 10,000 cash prize each.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference