Advani, state cueists felicitated by KSBA
Bangalore: Eight-time world champion Pankaj Advani was today felicitated by the Karnataka State Billiards Association (KSBA) for winning his sixth and overall 24th national title at the 81st National Snooker championship in Lucknow early this month.
PSPB`s Advani had defeated Railways` Kamal Chawla 6-3 in the summit clash of the snooker nationals.
Apart from Advani, KSBA also felicitated other state cueists including Vidya Pillai (8th national snooker title), Umadevi (5th national billiards title), Chitra M (runner-up in both national billiards and snooker), Arjun Mehta (sub-junior billiards silver) and M L Lakshman (sub-junior snooker bronze) here.
KSBA also rewarded the cueists handsomely, presenting them a cheque of Rs 50,000 for gold medal, Rs 35,000 for silver and Rs 25,000 for bronze.
Sub-junior category cueists got Rs 10,000 cash prize each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why