AFI President Sumariwala to be Chef-de-Mission for Asian Games
Patiala: Athletics Federation of India President Adille Sumariwala has been appointed the Chef-de-Mission of the Indian contingent for next month`s Asian Games in Incheon, South Korea.
"Adille Sumariwala will be the Chef-de-Mission of the Indian contingent for the Asian Games," Indian Olympic Association Joint Secretary Rakesh Gupta told PTI.
India won 65 medals in the 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou in China with 12 medals (5 gold, 2 silver, 5 bronze) coming from athletics.
Gupta also said the selection trials to pick the Indian boxing team for the Asian Games will be held at the NIS here on August 26 and 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why