AFI President Sumariwala to be Chef-de-Mission for Asian Games
Patiala: Athletics Federation of India President Adille Sumariwala has been appointed the Chef-de-Mission of the Indian contingent for next month`s Asian Games in Incheon, South Korea.
"Adille Sumariwala will be the Chef-de-Mission of the Indian contingent for the Asian Games," Indian Olympic Association Joint Secretary Rakesh Gupta told PTI.
India won 65 medals in the 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou in China with 12 medals (5 gold, 2 silver, 5 bronze) coming from athletics.
Gupta also said the selection trials to pick the Indian boxing team for the Asian Games will be held at the NIS here on August 26 and 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared at 3 pm today
- Whoa! Shah Rukh Khan catches a plane back from work to beat the traffic! – See pic
- Music director Anu Malik hospitalized!
- Rescued migrants say ship sank off Italy with hundreds aboard
- China all set to embark on 1st quantum communication satellite