Aggarwal loses, Indian campaign in China Super Series ends
New Delhi: India`s campaign ended at the China Open Super Series after paddler Neha Aggarwal lost to Viktoria Pavlovich 0-4 in the women`s singles event in Changchun on Friday.
Aggarwal (373) proved no match for the world number 13 from Belarus and surrendered meekly 7-11 7-11 1-11 6-11 in the first round encounter of the main draw.
She was the only Indian entrant into the top-32 women`s singles competition.
Earlier in the day, the pair of Achanta Sharath Kamal and Sanil Shetty was beaten by Ning Gao and Hu Li of Singapore 5-11 11-6 3-11 10-12 in their opening match of the main event.
The other pair of Harmeet Desai and Soumyajit Ghosh failed to qualify.
No Indian women pairs could qualify for the main draw of the doubles event.
In the Under-21 boys` category matches played today, Desai (58) fought hard against Quentin Robinot (22) of France before going down 8-11 9-11 11-9 9-11, while Ghosh (28) was overwhelmed by China`s Zhendong Fan (3) 2-11 6-11 10-12.
Ankita Das could not even clear the qualification-round hurdle in the girls` Under-21 section.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon