Aggarwal loses, Indian campaign in China Super Series ends
New Delhi: India`s campaign ended at the China Open Super Series after paddler Neha Aggarwal lost to Viktoria Pavlovich 0-4 in the women`s singles event in Changchun on Friday.
Aggarwal (373) proved no match for the world number 13 from Belarus and surrendered meekly 7-11 7-11 1-11 6-11 in the first round encounter of the main draw.
She was the only Indian entrant into the top-32 women`s singles competition.
Earlier in the day, the pair of Achanta Sharath Kamal and Sanil Shetty was beaten by Ning Gao and Hu Li of Singapore 5-11 11-6 3-11 10-12 in their opening match of the main event.
The other pair of Harmeet Desai and Soumyajit Ghosh failed to qualify.
No Indian women pairs could qualify for the main draw of the doubles event.
In the Under-21 boys` category matches played today, Desai (58) fought hard against Quentin Robinot (22) of France before going down 8-11 9-11 11-9 9-11, while Ghosh (28) was overwhelmed by China`s Zhendong Fan (3) 2-11 6-11 10-12.
Ankita Das could not even clear the qualification-round hurdle in the girls` Under-21 section.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason