Aggarwal loses, Indian campaign in China Super Series ends
New Delhi: India`s campaign ended at the China Open Super Series after paddler Neha Aggarwal lost to Viktoria Pavlovich 0-4 in the women`s singles event in Changchun on Friday.
Aggarwal (373) proved no match for the world number 13 from Belarus and surrendered meekly 7-11 7-11 1-11 6-11 in the first round encounter of the main draw.
She was the only Indian entrant into the top-32 women`s singles competition.
Earlier in the day, the pair of Achanta Sharath Kamal and Sanil Shetty was beaten by Ning Gao and Hu Li of Singapore 5-11 11-6 3-11 10-12 in their opening match of the main event.
The other pair of Harmeet Desai and Soumyajit Ghosh failed to qualify.
No Indian women pairs could qualify for the main draw of the doubles event.
In the Under-21 boys` category matches played today, Desai (58) fought hard against Quentin Robinot (22) of France before going down 8-11 9-11 11-9 9-11, while Ghosh (28) was overwhelmed by China`s Zhendong Fan (3) 2-11 6-11 10-12.
Ankita Das could not even clear the qualification-round hurdle in the girls` Under-21 section.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM