Agnishwar betters personal record in 200m Individual Medley
Bangalore: Virdhawal Khade clocked 50.07
seconds in the 100 metre freestyle event to finish 59th out of
202 swimmers at the FINA World Championships in Rome on Wednesday.
The Kolhapur teenager was a mere 0.60sec off his personal
best that he had set at the Commonwealth Youth Games in Pune
The youngster finished second in his age-group and fifth
overall among Asian swimmers.
In 200m individual medley, J Agnishwar bettered his
previous mark with a timing of 2:09.11sec. The youngster has
been in fine form at the World Championships and has improved
on his personal best timings in all his events so far.
Meanwhile, following his good show in Rome, India`s
Sandeep Sejwal moved into the top 100 of FINA rankings in 50m
and 100m breaststroke events.
Sejwal, who broke the national records in both the
events, was placed 61st in 50m breaststroke and 66th in 100m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand