Agnishwar betters personal record in 200m Individual Medley
Bangalore: Virdhawal Khade clocked 50.07
seconds in the 100 metre freestyle event to finish 59th out of
202 swimmers at the FINA World Championships in Rome on Wednesday.
The Kolhapur teenager was a mere 0.60sec off his personal
best that he had set at the Commonwealth Youth Games in Pune
The youngster finished second in his age-group and fifth
overall among Asian swimmers.
In 200m individual medley, J Agnishwar bettered his
previous mark with a timing of 2:09.11sec. The youngster has
been in fine form at the World Championships and has improved
on his personal best timings in all his events so far.
Meanwhile, following his good show in Rome, India`s
Sandeep Sejwal moved into the top 100 of FINA rankings in 50m
and 100m breaststroke events.
Sejwal, who broke the national records in both the
events, was placed 61st in 50m breaststroke and 66th in 100m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH