Agnishwar betters personal record in 200m Individual Medley
Bangalore: Virdhawal Khade clocked 50.07
seconds in the 100 metre freestyle event to finish 59th out of
202 swimmers at the FINA World Championships in Rome on Wednesday.
The Kolhapur teenager was a mere 0.60sec off his personal
best that he had set at the Commonwealth Youth Games in Pune
The youngster finished second in his age-group and fifth
overall among Asian swimmers.
In 200m individual medley, J Agnishwar bettered his
previous mark with a timing of 2:09.11sec. The youngster has
been in fine form at the World Championships and has improved
on his personal best timings in all his events so far.
Meanwhile, following his good show in Rome, India`s
Sandeep Sejwal moved into the top 100 of FINA rankings in 50m
and 100m breaststroke events.
Sejwal, who broke the national records in both the
events, was placed 61st in 50m breaststroke and 66th in 100m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued