AIBA bans Indian boxers from participating in international tournaments
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: The International Boxing Association (AIBA) has issued a directive that bars Indian boxers from participating in international meets.
According to a report in a leading Indian daily, the international body’s decision came in response to a letter from the Sports Authority of India (SAI) that asked it to come up with a solution that would ensure Indian boxers’ participation in the upcoming international tourneys.
"Since both Indian Olympic Association (IOA) and IABF are suspended, we asked AIBA who would be in charge of sending in entries to various competitions,” the daily quoted a source as saying.
“We wanted them to make suitable arrangements so that our boxers did not suffer."
"In reply, AIBA said Indian boxers will not be able to participate in any of the events organized by the world body or recognized by it for the time being," the daily reported.
In December last year, the Indian Amateur Boxing Federation (IABF) was suspended by the AIBA for "possible manipulation" of its elections, in the wake of a wider Olympic ban that has left sports in the Asian country reeling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year