AIBA says Mary`s suspension can be revoked on apology
Jamshedpur: Indian Boxing Federation today said World Champion MC Mary Kom`s suspension could be revoked if the ace pugilist apologise to the jury for her "unsporting behaviour" during the senior National Boxing Championship.
Mary Kom was suspended till October 27 after she
allegedly used foul language against the jury following her
quarter-final defeat against Haryana`s Pinky Jingra yesterday.
"Yes, there is a possibility," Col P K Muralidharan Raja,
AIBA Secretary General, said when asked whether the decision
could be revoked if Mary Kom tenders an apology.
Raja said he was "satisfied" with the decision of the
jury headed by N S Kichi after going through the score sheet
of bout and discussing it with the officials.
"Discipline has to be maintained at any cost irrespective
of the boxers achievements," he said adding the temporary
suspension of Mary Kom, who is an ambassador of Indian boxing,
"will send a right message among the boxers".
Raja said they will take up the issue at its annual
general meeting to be held in Hyderabad on October 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you