AIBA says Mary`s suspension can be revoked on apology
Jamshedpur: Indian Boxing Federation today said World Champion MC Mary Kom`s suspension could be revoked if the ace pugilist apologise to the jury for her "unsporting behaviour" during the senior National Boxing Championship.
Mary Kom was suspended till October 27 after she
allegedly used foul language against the jury following her
quarter-final defeat against Haryana`s Pinky Jingra yesterday.
"Yes, there is a possibility," Col P K Muralidharan Raja,
AIBA Secretary General, said when asked whether the decision
could be revoked if Mary Kom tenders an apology.
Raja said he was "satisfied" with the decision of the
jury headed by N S Kichi after going through the score sheet
of bout and discussing it with the officials.
"Discipline has to be maintained at any cost irrespective
of the boxers achievements," he said adding the temporary
suspension of Mary Kom, who is an ambassador of Indian boxing,
"will send a right message among the boxers".
Raja said they will take up the issue at its annual
general meeting to be held in Hyderabad on October 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore