AICF recommends Viswanathan Anand for Bharat Ratna
Chennai: All India Chess Federation on Tuesday decided to recommend Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand for the coveted `Bharat Ratna` award.
At its Central Council meeting this morning, the Federation unanimously passed a resolution to recommend World Champion Anand for the most prestigious award.
The Central Council also unanimously decided to disaffiliate West Bengal Chess Association and formed an Ad-hoc committee to run the affairs of the West Bengal Chess.
The members of the Ad-hoc committee are: Debashis Barua, Atanu Lahari (Convener) and Tharun Banerjee
It was also decided to explore the possibility of tying up with Tenvic Sports (Founded by former India cricketer Anil Kumble) with regard to setting up a National Chess Academy which will try to promote chess coaching.
The Central Council also expressed gratitude for the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for decided to implement chess in school program (7-17 yrs) from the next academic year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room