AICF recommends Viswanathan Anand for Bharat Ratna
Chennai: All India Chess Federation on Tuesday decided to recommend Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand for the coveted `Bharat Ratna` award.
At its Central Council meeting this morning, the Federation unanimously passed a resolution to recommend World Champion Anand for the most prestigious award.
The Central Council also unanimously decided to disaffiliate West Bengal Chess Association and formed an Ad-hoc committee to run the affairs of the West Bengal Chess.
The members of the Ad-hoc committee are: Debashis Barua, Atanu Lahari (Convener) and Tharun Banerjee
It was also decided to explore the possibility of tying up with Tenvic Sports (Founded by former India cricketer Anil Kumble) with regard to setting up a National Chess Academy which will try to promote chess coaching.
The Central Council also expressed gratitude for the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for decided to implement chess in school program (7-17 yrs) from the next academic year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing