AICF recommends Viswanathan Anand for Bharat Ratna
Chennai: All India Chess Federation on Tuesday decided to recommend Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand for the coveted `Bharat Ratna` award.
At its Central Council meeting this morning, the Federation unanimously passed a resolution to recommend World Champion Anand for the most prestigious award.
The Central Council also unanimously decided to disaffiliate West Bengal Chess Association and formed an Ad-hoc committee to run the affairs of the West Bengal Chess.
The members of the Ad-hoc committee are: Debashis Barua, Atanu Lahari (Convener) and Tharun Banerjee
It was also decided to explore the possibility of tying up with Tenvic Sports (Founded by former India cricketer Anil Kumble) with regard to setting up a National Chess Academy which will try to promote chess coaching.
The Central Council also expressed gratitude for the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for decided to implement chess in school program (7-17 yrs) from the next academic year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!