AK Mishra boxing tourney continues to enthrall
Chandigarh: The ongoing 19th AK Mishra All India Boxing Championship continued to enthrall the crowd with some high-octane bouts here on Friday.
In the light welter weight division (64kg) Himachal Pradesh`s Manoj defeated G Satish of Andhra Pradesh on points.
Sumit of ASI, Pune had to dig deep against Bijender of All India Police.
Taking advantage of his opponent losing steam in the last minute of the bout, Sumit advanced to the semi-finals with a 17:12 victory.
Mohd. Ismail of Delhi also had to slug it out against Pitamber of Madhya Pradesh. In the end, Ismail managed to scrape through with a 17:15 victory.
In the welter weight category (69kg), Rohit of AIP defeated Suman of Bihar 23.19.
Naveen of Haryana recorded a clear 25:9 win over local boy Mandeep Malik of the Chandigarh B team. Sarabjit Singh also registered a easy victory over Rahul of Tamil Nadu, winning 17:7 on points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez