AK Mishra boxing tourney continues to enthrall
Chandigarh: The ongoing 19th AK Mishra All India Boxing Championship continued to enthrall the crowd with some high-octane bouts here on Friday.
In the light welter weight division (64kg) Himachal Pradesh`s Manoj defeated G Satish of Andhra Pradesh on points.
Sumit of ASI, Pune had to dig deep against Bijender of All India Police.
Taking advantage of his opponent losing steam in the last minute of the bout, Sumit advanced to the semi-finals with a 17:12 victory.
Mohd. Ismail of Delhi also had to slug it out against Pitamber of Madhya Pradesh. In the end, Ismail managed to scrape through with a 17:15 victory.
In the welter weight category (69kg), Rohit of AIP defeated Suman of Bihar 23.19.
Naveen of Haryana recorded a clear 25:9 win over local boy Mandeep Malik of the Chandigarh B team. Sarabjit Singh also registered a easy victory over Rahul of Tamil Nadu, winning 17:7 on points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported