Akanksha bags junior Asian squash title
Tehran: Akanksha Salunkhe from Goa won the Iran Junior Open, an Asian Squash Federation Super Series Silver event, at the Enghelab Sports Complex here Friday.
The Indian player defeated Kmiya Mohammed from Kuwait 11-1, 11-5, 11-4, in the girls` under-15 category final for her maiden international title.
In the semi final, Akanksha beat Kazol Sharafu (Iran) 11-6, 11-4, 11-9, after getting past Mubeena (Iran) 11-5, 11-4, 11-1, Nurihna (Muscat) 11-3, 11-2, 11-1 and Kimiya Farah (Kuwait) 11-1, 11-0, 11-1, in the previous rounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena