Akanksha bags junior Asian squash title
Tehran: Akanksha Salunkhe from Goa won the Iran Junior Open, an Asian Squash Federation Super Series Silver event, at the Enghelab Sports Complex here Friday.
The Indian player defeated Kmiya Mohammed from Kuwait 11-1, 11-5, 11-4, in the girls` under-15 category final for her maiden international title.
In the semi final, Akanksha beat Kazol Sharafu (Iran) 11-6, 11-4, 11-9, after getting past Mubeena (Iran) 11-5, 11-4, 11-1, Nurihna (Muscat) 11-3, 11-2, 11-1 and Kimiya Farah (Kuwait) 11-1, 11-0, 11-1, in the previous rounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'