Akanksha bags junior Asian squash title
Tehran: Akanksha Salunkhe from Goa won the Iran Junior Open, an Asian Squash Federation Super Series Silver event, at the Enghelab Sports Complex here Friday.
The Indian player defeated Kmiya Mohammed from Kuwait 11-1, 11-5, 11-4, in the girls` under-15 category final for her maiden international title.
In the semi final, Akanksha beat Kazol Sharafu (Iran) 11-6, 11-4, 11-9, after getting past Mubeena (Iran) 11-5, 11-4, 11-1, Nurihna (Muscat) 11-3, 11-2, 11-1 and Kimiya Farah (Kuwait) 11-1, 11-0, 11-1, in the previous rounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what