All India public sector carrom in Mumbai
Mumbai: The All India Public Sector Carrom Tournament is to be organised here from January 8-10 jointly by Air India and the Maharashtra Carrom Association under the auspices of the All India Public Sector Promotion Board.
The tournament is open for teams from public sector undertakings and affiliated to AIPSSPB, said a media release here on Wednesday.
Events would be held for individual as well as team championships for men and women and 250 players and officials would be taking part representing 12 teams.
Several top players, including former world and national champion Yogesh Pardeshi, former SAARC and Asian champion Hidayat Ansari, current national men`s champion K Shrinivas and women`s and Asian champion Rashmi Kumar are to compete.
The tournament would be held as per new laws of carrom, approved by All India Carrom Federation and International Carrom Federation and national umpire Anand Vaidhya from Thane would be the chief referee, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note