All India public sector carrom in Mumbai
Mumbai: The All India Public Sector Carrom Tournament is to be organised here from January 8-10 jointly by Air India and the Maharashtra Carrom Association under the auspices of the All India Public Sector Promotion Board.
The tournament is open for teams from public sector undertakings and affiliated to AIPSSPB, said a media release here on Wednesday.
Events would be held for individual as well as team championships for men and women and 250 players and officials would be taking part representing 12 teams.
Several top players, including former world and national champion Yogesh Pardeshi, former SAARC and Asian champion Hidayat Ansari, current national men`s champion K Shrinivas and women`s and Asian champion Rashmi Kumar are to compete.
The tournament would be held as per new laws of carrom, approved by All India Carrom Federation and International Carrom Federation and national umpire Anand Vaidhya from Thane would be the chief referee, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital