Amir Khan and Faryal Makhdoom `secretly married in Staten Island` before public wedding
London: Boxing champ Amir Khan got publicly married at the Waldorf-Astoria on Friday, but he secretly exchanged vows with his fiancee Faryal Makhdoom the day before in a private ceremony at the Staten Island Excelsior Grand, it has been revealed.
The Thursday celebration involved an dance-off between the bride and the groom.
After the ceremony, Khan and his groomsmen performed an elaborate Bollywood-style dance routine for Faryal and select guests.
Khan even told the guests that rehearsing the choreography was `like preparing for a fight with Floyd Mayweather."
When Khan finished, Staten Island native Makhdoom, 21, and her bridesmaids hit the dance floor for their own routine.
On Friday, the couple held a ceremony at the Waldorf in front of 400 guests, including rapper Jay Sean.
That bash included a six-foot wedding cake, a stage with two golden thrones and two 20-foot tall mirrors.
The couple plans another celebration this weekend in Khan`s native Bolton, England, with 1,000 guests, including fellow boxers David Haye and Ricky Hatton.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why