Amir Khan awarded British boxer of year
London: Pakistani-origin boxer Amir Khan has been declared British boxer of the year.
The title was awarded at the annual awards ceremony held by the British Boxing Board of Control, The News reports.
The contenders for the title included Ricky Burns, Fury Tyson, George Groves and others.
Khan was missing from the event as he is currently being trainsed ahead of his December 10th showdown with Lamont Peterson in Washington, but he thanked his fans and trainers in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena