Amir Khan cries foul over ringside intervention during defeat
London: Former World Boxing Association and International Boxing Federation Light-Welterweight Champion, Amir Khan, has pointed finger at an unidentified man for interfering in his title match against Lamont Peterson.
Khan tried to prove his point by sharing some pictures from last month`s fight in Washington on his Twitter account.
He claimed that these pictures proved his claims and threw light on his concerns, The BBC reports. The former champion even went on to claim that the mystery man went to the WBA supervisor Michael Welsh and tried to interfere with the judges`` scorecards.
According to a sequence of tweets from Khan over the issue, the mystery man started interfering with Welsh in the sixth round and carried on till the last round. Khan has also claimed that the mystery man even had a conversation with Welsh and went on to handle the scorecards, which were handed to Welsh at the end of each round, and that Welsh admitted after the fight that his scorecards did not match the others.
Khan has also appealed against the disputable points judgment in favour of Peterson, which according to him cost him his WBA and IBF light-welterweight titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical