Amir Khan signs deal with Mayweather`s promoter
London: British boxer Amir Khan has reportedly signed a deal with American boxing adviser Al Haymon, who is also the promoter of undefeated champion Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Haymon and Mayweather - who defends his world welterweight title against Marcos Maidana in Las Vegas on May 3- have made several significant signings lately, notably the Canadian knockout artist Adonis Stevenson.
According to The Guardian, Haymon, a former music industry mogul who has the ear of Mayweather, is fast establishing himself as the most powerful figures in boxing, with Khan saying that he is happy to have signed with Haymon as the latter is an astute businessman and always has his fighters` best interests at heart.
Khan would seem to have become increasingly disillusioned with his long-time US promotional partner, Golden Boy Promotions , which advised him to turn down a world title fight with Devon Alexander and sign for a fight with Mayweather which did not materialise.
He signed a contract for Mayweather - but the champion did not, leaving Khan to mark time on Mayweather`s next undercard against the dangerous New Yorker Luis Collazo, who lost to Ricky Hatton eight years ago, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt