Ana Ivanovic says she ‘never found herself comfortable in limelight’
Dubai: Ana Ivanovic reveals that she has never really been comfortable with the extra baggage that comes with being an international sportsperson.
The former world No. 1 won her first grand slam at 21 in 2008, but is currently ranked at 18 by the WTA.
“I have never really found myself comfortable in that kind of limelight. I like to have my privacy. I don’t like people knowing what I do in my free time,” Gulf News quoted her as saying.
“I am also a very shy person, but I understand that people want to know more. It’s all about the fine balance and accepting things as they are, because if you don’t accept it and fight it then it gets you down,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren