Ana Ivanovic says she ‘never found herself comfortable in limelight’
Dubai: Ana Ivanovic reveals that she has never really been comfortable with the extra baggage that comes with being an international sportsperson.
The former world No. 1 won her first grand slam at 21 in 2008, but is currently ranked at 18 by the WTA.
“I have never really found myself comfortable in that kind of limelight. I like to have my privacy. I don’t like people knowing what I do in my free time,” Gulf News quoted her as saying.
“I am also a very shy person, but I understand that people want to know more. It’s all about the fine balance and accepting things as they are, because if you don’t accept it and fight it then it gets you down,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report