Ana Ivanovic says she ‘never found herself comfortable in limelight’
Dubai: Ana Ivanovic reveals that she has never really been comfortable with the extra baggage that comes with being an international sportsperson.
The former world No. 1 won her first grand slam at 21 in 2008, but is currently ranked at 18 by the WTA.
“I have never really found myself comfortable in that kind of limelight. I like to have my privacy. I don’t like people knowing what I do in my free time,” Gulf News quoted her as saying.
“I am also a very shy person, but I understand that people want to know more. It’s all about the fine balance and accepting things as they are, because if you don’t accept it and fight it then it gets you down,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon
- Southwest monsoon progresses in Gujarat
- Subramanian Swamy's lecture on 'Emergency' cancelled
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch