Anaka, Veer lose in Asian Championship squash final
Amman (Jordan): India`s Anaka Alankamony and Veer Chotrani lost out in the girls (under-19) and boys (under-13) singles event finals, respectively, at the 20th Asian Squash Championship here.
Alankamony blew her chances when she lost to her Hong Kong opponent Ho Ka Po 9-11, 10-12, 10-12, while top seeded Hafiz Abdul Harif overcame Chotrani 11-5, 14-12, 12-10 Saturday.
Besides the two silver medals, the Indians came away with five bronze through Saksham Choudary (boys under 13), Ranjit Singh (boys under 15), Robin Maan (boys under 15), Harshit Jawanda Kaur (girls under 17) and Kush Kumar (boys under 19).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands