Anaka, Veer lose in Asian Championship squash final
Amman (Jordan): India`s Anaka Alankamony and Veer Chotrani lost out in the girls (under-19) and boys (under-13) singles event finals, respectively, at the 20th Asian Squash Championship here.
Alankamony blew her chances when she lost to her Hong Kong opponent Ho Ka Po 9-11, 10-12, 10-12, while top seeded Hafiz Abdul Harif overcame Chotrani 11-5, 14-12, 12-10 Saturday.
Besides the two silver medals, the Indians came away with five bronze through Saksham Choudary (boys under 13), Ranjit Singh (boys under 15), Robin Maan (boys under 15), Harshit Jawanda Kaur (girls under 17) and Kush Kumar (boys under 19).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today