Anaka, Veer lose in Asian Championship squash final
Amman (Jordan): India`s Anaka Alankamony and Veer Chotrani lost out in the girls (under-19) and boys (under-13) singles event finals, respectively, at the 20th Asian Squash Championship here.
Alankamony blew her chances when she lost to her Hong Kong opponent Ho Ka Po 9-11, 10-12, 10-12, while top seeded Hafiz Abdul Harif overcame Chotrani 11-5, 14-12, 12-10 Saturday.
Besides the two silver medals, the Indians came away with five bronze through Saksham Choudary (boys under 13), Ranjit Singh (boys under 15), Robin Maan (boys under 15), Harshit Jawanda Kaur (girls under 17) and Kush Kumar (boys under 19).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'