Anaka, Veer lose in Asian Championship squash final
Amman (Jordan): India`s Anaka Alankamony and Veer Chotrani lost out in the girls (under-19) and boys (under-13) singles event finals, respectively, at the 20th Asian Squash Championship here.
Alankamony blew her chances when she lost to her Hong Kong opponent Ho Ka Po 9-11, 10-12, 10-12, while top seeded Hafiz Abdul Harif overcame Chotrani 11-5, 14-12, 12-10 Saturday.
Besides the two silver medals, the Indians came away with five bronze through Saksham Choudary (boys under 13), Ranjit Singh (boys under 15), Robin Maan (boys under 15), Harshit Jawanda Kaur (girls under 17) and Kush Kumar (boys under 19).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire