Anaka, Veer lose in Asian Championship squash final
Amman (Jordan): India`s Anaka Alankamony and Veer Chotrani lost out in the girls (under-19) and boys (under-13) singles event finals, respectively, at the 20th Asian Squash Championship here.
Alankamony blew her chances when she lost to her Hong Kong opponent Ho Ka Po 9-11, 10-12, 10-12, while top seeded Hafiz Abdul Harif overcame Chotrani 11-5, 14-12, 12-10 Saturday.
Besides the two silver medals, the Indians came away with five bronze through Saksham Choudary (boys under 13), Ranjit Singh (boys under 15), Robin Maan (boys under 15), Harshit Jawanda Kaur (girls under 17) and Kush Kumar (boys under 19).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you