Anaka wins Hassan Musa award
New Delhi: Rising Indian squash star Anaka Alankamony has been conferred the Hassan Musa Award for being the most outstanding Junior girl in 2011.
The award was presented by the president of the Asian Squash Federation Dato A Sani Karim in Kuwait after the conclusion of the 16th Asian Squash Team Championship.
The Indian women’s team, comprising of Dipika Pallikal, Joshna Chinappa, Aparajitha Balamurukan and Anaka, created history by winning its maiden Asian title after defeating top seed Hong Kong 2-0 in the final in Kuwait on May 5.
The 17-year-old Chennai girl was honoured for her outstanding performance at the international circuit during the year 2011. She won the Asian Junior Championship in Jordan, India Junior Open and was the quarterfinalist at the World Junior Championships.
B Balamurugan, coach at the Indian Squash Academy, won the ASF Junior Coach of the Year for his contributions to the Indian team winning the Asian Junior Team Championships in Sri Lanka and Asian Junior Championships in Jordan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video