Anaka wins Hassan Musa award
New Delhi: Rising Indian squash star Anaka Alankamony has been conferred the Hassan Musa Award for being the most outstanding Junior girl in 2011.
The award was presented by the president of the Asian Squash Federation Dato A Sani Karim in Kuwait after the conclusion of the 16th Asian Squash Team Championship.
The Indian women’s team, comprising of Dipika Pallikal, Joshna Chinappa, Aparajitha Balamurukan and Anaka, created history by winning its maiden Asian title after defeating top seed Hong Kong 2-0 in the final in Kuwait on May 5.
The 17-year-old Chennai girl was honoured for her outstanding performance at the international circuit during the year 2011. She won the Asian Junior Championship in Jordan, India Junior Open and was the quarterfinalist at the World Junior Championships.
B Balamurugan, coach at the Indian Squash Academy, won the ASF Junior Coach of the Year for his contributions to the Indian team winning the Asian Junior Team Championships in Sri Lanka and Asian Junior Championships in Jordan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III