Anaka wins Hassan Musa award
New Delhi: Rising Indian squash star Anaka Alankamony has been conferred the Hassan Musa Award for being the most outstanding Junior girl in 2011.
The award was presented by the president of the Asian Squash Federation Dato A Sani Karim in Kuwait after the conclusion of the 16th Asian Squash Team Championship.
The Indian women’s team, comprising of Dipika Pallikal, Joshna Chinappa, Aparajitha Balamurukan and Anaka, created history by winning its maiden Asian title after defeating top seed Hong Kong 2-0 in the final in Kuwait on May 5.
The 17-year-old Chennai girl was honoured for her outstanding performance at the international circuit during the year 2011. She won the Asian Junior Championship in Jordan, India Junior Open and was the quarterfinalist at the World Junior Championships.
B Balamurugan, coach at the Indian Squash Academy, won the ASF Junior Coach of the Year for his contributions to the Indian team winning the Asian Junior Team Championships in Sri Lanka and Asian Junior Championships in Jordan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH