Anand-Carlsen rematch to be held in Sochi
Moscow: The much-anticipated World Championship rematch between Indian veteran Viswanathan Anand and title-holder Magnus Carlsen will be staged from November 7 to 28 in Sochi, Russia.
FIDE President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov announced the schedule at a press conference, saying that the budget for the event has been set at USD three million.
The match will be played at the Olympic Village in Sochi.
Both players have agreed with this plan, the `ITAR-TASS` news agency reported.
Russian Chess Federation President Andrei Filatov has also confirmed that the body will participate in the organisation of the event.
Carlsen became the world champion last November by defeating Anand in Chennai.
However, the Indian, who held the world title from 2007 to 2013, earned a rematch by winning the Candidates Tournament in Khanty-Mansiysk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves