Andrew Flintoff wins debut boxing match
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Manchester: Cricketer turned boxer Andrew Flintoff won his first professional boxing match of his career in his debut match against Richard Dawson.
Flintoff beat Dawson 39-38 on points after a lively match in front of 5,000 fans at the Manchester Arena.
The former all-rounder, who rose to glory with his heroics in the 2005 Ashes series, surprised everyone after announcing to embark on a new career in boxing ring earlier this year.
The 34-year-old had been training for the past four months for this bout.
He has lost three-and-a-half stone for the fight and now weighs 216lb which is considerably lighter than his opponent who weighs 241lb.
Flintoff played 79 Test matches and 141 ODIs for England and has been one of the finest all-rounder’s the game has ever seen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary