Andrew Flintoff wins debut boxing match
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Manchester: Cricketer turned boxer Andrew Flintoff won his first professional boxing match of his career in his debut match against Richard Dawson.
Flintoff beat Dawson 39-38 on points after a lively match in front of 5,000 fans at the Manchester Arena.
The former all-rounder, who rose to glory with his heroics in the 2005 Ashes series, surprised everyone after announcing to embark on a new career in boxing ring earlier this year.
The 34-year-old had been training for the past four months for this bout.
He has lost three-and-a-half stone for the fight and now weighs 216lb which is considerably lighter than his opponent who weighs 241lb.
Flintoff played 79 Test matches and 141 ODIs for England and has been one of the finest all-rounder’s the game has ever seen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?