Andy Schleck leads RadioShack`s Tour charge
Paris: Luxembourg`s Andy Schleck will return to lead the RadioShack Leopard Trek team into this year`s Tour de France, it was announced Wednesday.
Schleck missed last year`s Tour due to a pelvis fracture and the three-time Tour podium finisher has since struggled to regain his form.
But team general manager Luca Guercilena said: "We are happy to see that Andy is back.
"Nobody in the team ever had doubts about the talent of Andy.
"Little by little he has come back to the level where we expect him.
"The Tour of Switzerland encouraged and convinced us to give him the role he deserves and to give him the opportunity to have dedicated riders surrounding and supporting him."
Guercilena added: "Of course we don`t put pressure on our champion. After the last 12 months it would be unrealistic to expect a podium place."
"On the other hand, the lack of stress and pressure can be a positive stimulus to a brilliant performance."
With German Andreas Kloeden and Spaniard Haimar Zubeldia, the Radioshack team has two other Tour de France specialists: Kloeden has finished second overall twice and Zubeldia has finished four times in the top 10 general classification.
"You can consider Haimar as our second weapon," said Guercilena. "Haimar, 6th last year, is always consistent and delivers his best."
Team: Jan Bakelants (BEL), Laurent Didier (LUX), Tony Gallopin (FRA), Markel Irizar (ESP), Andreas Kloeden (GER), Maxime Monfort (BEL), Andy Schleck (LUX), Jens Voigt (GER), Haimar Zubeldia (ESP)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400