Anisa pips Rahi, Annuraj for Sports Pistol gold
Pune: Anisa Sayeed of Haryana outclassed strong rivals Rahi Sarnobat of Maharashtra and Annuraj Singh of Air India to clinch the women`s 25m Sports Pistol gold in the 55th National Shooting Championships on Monday.
Anisa took a handy 10-point lead over nearest rival Rahi, who has secured a quota place for the London Olympic Games, in the qualifying rounds that acted as a good cushion for her in winning the title with an overall tally of 781.1.
Rahi, who fired 571 in the preliminaries, did better than the gold medal winner in the finals by tallying 203.7 for a final aggregate of 774.7 to fetch the silver medal ahead of bronze winner Annuraj (768.4), who had bagged the 10m air pistol gold earlier in the championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’