Anisa pips Rahi, Annuraj for Sports Pistol gold
Pune: Anisa Sayeed of Haryana outclassed strong rivals Rahi Sarnobat of Maharashtra and Annuraj Singh of Air India to clinch the women`s 25m Sports Pistol gold in the 55th National Shooting Championships on Monday.
Anisa took a handy 10-point lead over nearest rival Rahi, who has secured a quota place for the London Olympic Games, in the qualifying rounds that acted as a good cushion for her in winning the title with an overall tally of 781.1.
Rahi, who fired 571 in the preliminaries, did better than the gold medal winner in the finals by tallying 203.7 for a final aggregate of 774.7 to fetch the silver medal ahead of bronze winner Annuraj (768.4), who had bagged the 10m air pistol gold earlier in the championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Beware! Grilled food not good for health!
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!