Anisa pips Rahi, Annuraj for Sports Pistol gold
Pune: Anisa Sayeed of Haryana outclassed strong rivals Rahi Sarnobat of Maharashtra and Annuraj Singh of Air India to clinch the women`s 25m Sports Pistol gold in the 55th National Shooting Championships on Monday.
Anisa took a handy 10-point lead over nearest rival Rahi, who has secured a quota place for the London Olympic Games, in the qualifying rounds that acted as a good cushion for her in winning the title with an overall tally of 781.1.
Rahi, who fired 571 in the preliminaries, did better than the gold medal winner in the finals by tallying 203.7 for a final aggregate of 774.7 to fetch the silver medal ahead of bronze winner Annuraj (768.4), who had bagged the 10m air pistol gold earlier in the championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`
- Curfew, restrictions continue for 48th day in Kashmir