Anjana Thamake felicitated in Nashik
Nashik: Maharashtra athlete Anjana Thamake, who won a gold at the Asian Youth Games in Nanjing, China was felicitated after her arrival here.
The felicitation function, organised by Nashik Athletic Association, took place last evening at the Collectorate when Divisional Commissioner Ravindra Jadhav handed over a cheque of Rs 51,000 for her achievement.
Anjana`s coach Vijendra Singh was also honoured on the occasion with Rs 11,000.
Anjana recently bagged the gold medal in Girl`s 800m race in the track and fields event. Her parents -- Dhavalu and Nandabai Thamake -- along with senior retired police officer Bhishmraj attended the function.
Earlier, Maharashtra PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal, who is the guardian minister of Nashik, honoured her in Mumbai.
She was also felicitated by local Bhonsala Military School, where she practised on the athletic grounds along with her coach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September
- US says India has shown sustained commitment to non-proliferation