Anjana Thamake felicitated in Nashik
Nashik: Maharashtra athlete Anjana Thamake, who won a gold at the Asian Youth Games in Nanjing, China was felicitated after her arrival here.
The felicitation function, organised by Nashik Athletic Association, took place last evening at the Collectorate when Divisional Commissioner Ravindra Jadhav handed over a cheque of Rs 51,000 for her achievement.
Anjana`s coach Vijendra Singh was also honoured on the occasion with Rs 11,000.
Anjana recently bagged the gold medal in Girl`s 800m race in the track and fields event. Her parents -- Dhavalu and Nandabai Thamake -- along with senior retired police officer Bhishmraj attended the function.
Earlier, Maharashtra PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal, who is the guardian minister of Nashik, honoured her in Mumbai.
She was also felicitated by local Bhonsala Military School, where she practised on the athletic grounds along with her coach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand