Anjana Thamake felicitated in Nashik
Nashik: Maharashtra athlete Anjana Thamake, who won a gold at the Asian Youth Games in Nanjing, China was felicitated after her arrival here.
The felicitation function, organised by Nashik Athletic Association, took place last evening at the Collectorate when Divisional Commissioner Ravindra Jadhav handed over a cheque of Rs 51,000 for her achievement.
Anjana`s coach Vijendra Singh was also honoured on the occasion with Rs 11,000.
Anjana recently bagged the gold medal in Girl`s 800m race in the track and fields event. Her parents -- Dhavalu and Nandabai Thamake -- along with senior retired police officer Bhishmraj attended the function.
Earlier, Maharashtra PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal, who is the guardian minister of Nashik, honoured her in Mumbai.
She was also felicitated by local Bhonsala Military School, where she practised on the athletic grounds along with her coach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket