Anjana Thamake felicitated in Nashik
Nashik: Maharashtra athlete Anjana Thamake, who won a gold at the Asian Youth Games in Nanjing, China was felicitated after her arrival here.
The felicitation function, organised by Nashik Athletic Association, took place last evening at the Collectorate when Divisional Commissioner Ravindra Jadhav handed over a cheque of Rs 51,000 for her achievement.
Anjana`s coach Vijendra Singh was also honoured on the occasion with Rs 11,000.
Anjana recently bagged the gold medal in Girl`s 800m race in the track and fields event. Her parents -- Dhavalu and Nandabai Thamake -- along with senior retired police officer Bhishmraj attended the function.
Earlier, Maharashtra PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal, who is the guardian minister of Nashik, honoured her in Mumbai.
She was also felicitated by local Bhonsala Military School, where she practised on the athletic grounds along with her coach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill