Anjana Thamake felicitated in Nashik
Nashik: Maharashtra athlete Anjana Thamake, who won a gold at the Asian Youth Games in Nanjing, China was felicitated after her arrival here.
The felicitation function, organised by Nashik Athletic Association, took place last evening at the Collectorate when Divisional Commissioner Ravindra Jadhav handed over a cheque of Rs 51,000 for her achievement.
Anjana`s coach Vijendra Singh was also honoured on the occasion with Rs 11,000.
Anjana recently bagged the gold medal in Girl`s 800m race in the track and fields event. Her parents -- Dhavalu and Nandabai Thamake -- along with senior retired police officer Bhishmraj attended the function.
Earlier, Maharashtra PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal, who is the guardian minister of Nashik, honoured her in Mumbai.
She was also felicitated by local Bhonsala Military School, where she practised on the athletic grounds along with her coach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?