Another massive loss for BHA in women`s junior hockey
Mysore: Bengal Hockey Association (BHA) suffered its second consecutive massive defeat in the 4th Hockey India Junior Women`s National Championship (Division A) going down 0-9 to Hockey Maharashtra (HM) in a pool C match here Sunday.
A day after their 0-19 loss to Jharkhand, BHA were hapless against a dominant HM, who kept the dominance in the match throughout.
HM captain Aishwarya Chavan scored the first two goals in the seventh and the 26th minute. The next two goals came from Alakananda Bagade and Pooja Bhoyar in the 34th and 35th minute as HM went into the break with a 4-0 lead.
The maintained the tempo in the second half as well pumping in five more. Alakananda got her hat-trick in the 37th minute and Pooja Bhoyar struck one in the 64th minute. Sneha Lagali (41st), Pratiksha Harne (57th) and Puja Shinde (66th) completed the scoreline.
In another pool c match, Uttar Pradesh Hockey and Hockey Jharkhand put up a stunning show and displayed fantastic skills and technique in a 2-2 draw. After a goalless first half, the two teams turned up the heat in the second half. Uttar Pradesh Hockey`s Chand Khan went out in full swing penetrated two goals, one after the other in the 42nd and 59th minute of the game. Hockey Jharkhand`s Ranjeeta Minz and Kanti Pradhan returned the favour as they helped draw parity in the 62nd and 66th minute.
In the third match of the day, Sports Authority of India (SAI) trounced Hockey Rajasthan 10-0.
In another match played between Haryana and Hockey Unit Of Tamil Nadu of pool A, Haryana thrashed their opponents 14-0.
Pool C: Hockey Maharshtra 9 Aishwarya Chavan (7th and 26th min), Alakananda Bagade (34th and 37th min), Pooja Bhoyar (3th and 64th min), Sneha Lagali (41st min), Pratiksha Harne (57th min) and Puja Shinde (66th min) vs Bengal Hockey Association 0; Uttar Pradesh 2 Chand Khan (42nd and 59th min) vs Hockey Jharkhand 2 Ranjeeta Minz (62nd min) and Kanti Pradhan (66th min).
Pool A: Sports Authority Of India 10 Sonal Minj (13 min), Lakshmi Devi (15 min), Mamta (19, 61 and 63 min), Manisha (38, 39, 44 and 55 min) and Sangeeta Rose Kullu (26 min) vs Rajasthan 0; Hockey Haryana 14 Reet (10, 13, 25 and 46 min), Pooja Rani (34, 55 and 67 min), Jyoti gupta (8, 29 and 66 min), Neha Goyal (3 min), Hardeep Kaur (5 min), Nicky (26 min) and Narinder Kaur (61 min) vs Hockey Unit Of Tamil Nadu 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today