AP govt announces Rs 25 lakh reward each to 2 kabaddi players
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government on Saturday announced a reward of Rs 25 lakh each to two kabaddi players from the state, who were part of the Indian team that won the world championship.
A press release from the Chief Minister`s Office said two state players R Nagalakshmi and Mamata Poojari would get the cash incentive.
It may be recalled that the state government sanctioned a cash incentive of Rs 50 lakh to ace shuttler Saina Nehwal for winning three international titles this year.
The kabaddi players were sour that they were ignored by the state government despite being part of the national squad that won the world championship.
Following this, the Chief Minister sanctioned the incentive to the duo today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'