AP govt announces Rs 25 lakh reward each to 2 kabaddi players
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government on Saturday announced a reward of Rs 25 lakh each to two kabaddi players from the state, who were part of the Indian team that won the world championship.
A press release from the Chief Minister`s Office said two state players R Nagalakshmi and Mamata Poojari would get the cash incentive.
It may be recalled that the state government sanctioned a cash incentive of Rs 50 lakh to ace shuttler Saina Nehwal for winning three international titles this year.
The kabaddi players were sour that they were ignored by the state government despite being part of the national squad that won the world championship.
Following this, the Chief Minister sanctioned the incentive to the duo today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal