AP govt announces Rs 25 lakh reward each to 2 kabaddi players
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government on Saturday announced a reward of Rs 25 lakh each to two kabaddi players from the state, who were part of the Indian team that won the world championship.
A press release from the Chief Minister`s Office said two state players R Nagalakshmi and Mamata Poojari would get the cash incentive.
It may be recalled that the state government sanctioned a cash incentive of Rs 50 lakh to ace shuttler Saina Nehwal for winning three international titles this year.
The kabaddi players were sour that they were ignored by the state government despite being part of the national squad that won the world championship.
Following this, the Chief Minister sanctioned the incentive to the duo today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!