AP govt announces Rs 25 lakh reward each to 2 kabaddi players
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government on Saturday announced a reward of Rs 25 lakh each to two kabaddi players from the state, who were part of the Indian team that won the world championship.
A press release from the Chief Minister`s Office said two state players R Nagalakshmi and Mamata Poojari would get the cash incentive.
It may be recalled that the state government sanctioned a cash incentive of Rs 50 lakh to ace shuttler Saina Nehwal for winning three international titles this year.
The kabaddi players were sour that they were ignored by the state government despite being part of the national squad that won the world championship.
Following this, the Chief Minister sanctioned the incentive to the duo today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah