Archers win silver in World Cup
Kolkata: The Indian men`s recurve team of Jayanta Talukdar, Tarundeep Rai and Rahul Banerjee settled for a silver after going down to their opponents from Great Britain in the Archery World Cup Stage II in Antalya.
According to information received, the Indian trio lost the final with a margin of 211-222. The Indian threesome had 53 in the first end as against 58 by the trio of Laurence Godfrey, Simon Terry and Alan Willis.
In the second end of six arrows, the two teams were on equal terms scoring 53 each.
In the third end, India could manage only 52 as against their opponents 56 while in the final end the Indians lost 53-56.
India`s Olympic prospect Deepika Kumari had earlier won the women`s individual recurve gold yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok