Archers win silver in World Cup
Kolkata: The Indian men`s recurve team of Jayanta Talukdar, Tarundeep Rai and Rahul Banerjee settled for a silver after going down to their opponents from Great Britain in the Archery World Cup Stage II in Antalya.
According to information received, the Indian trio lost the final with a margin of 211-222. The Indian threesome had 53 in the first end as against 58 by the trio of Laurence Godfrey, Simon Terry and Alan Willis.
In the second end of six arrows, the two teams were on equal terms scoring 53 each.
In the third end, India could manage only 52 as against their opponents 56 while in the final end the Indians lost 53-56.
India`s Olympic prospect Deepika Kumari had earlier won the women`s individual recurve gold yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination