Archers win silver in World Cup
Kolkata: The Indian men`s recurve team of Jayanta Talukdar, Tarundeep Rai and Rahul Banerjee settled for a silver after going down to their opponents from Great Britain in the Archery World Cup Stage II in Antalya.
According to information received, the Indian trio lost the final with a margin of 211-222. The Indian threesome had 53 in the first end as against 58 by the trio of Laurence Godfrey, Simon Terry and Alan Willis.
In the second end of six arrows, the two teams were on equal terms scoring 53 each.
In the third end, India could manage only 52 as against their opponents 56 while in the final end the Indians lost 53-56.
India`s Olympic prospect Deepika Kumari had earlier won the women`s individual recurve gold yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Doping controversy: Inderjeet Singh breaks down during TV interview, alleges conspiracy behind failed test
- Pope Francis faces tepid welcome in migrant-wary Poland
- Amazon launches membership service Prime in India –Know the benefits
- Know the common causes of red or bloodshot eyes!
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)