Archery coach to look for new talents
Jamshedpur: Korean-origin Indian archery coach Lim Chae Woong said his focus is to identify young talents and nurture them in the next four years for the 2016 Olympic Games.
"The current batch of women recurve team comprising of ace archer Deepika Kumari, L Bombayala Devi, Dola Banerjee and Chekrovolu Swuro were doing good in the international arena compared to their male counterpart but no new women archer was coming up," Lim, who came here to take part in National Ranking Archery Tournament, said.
Emphasising on the need to develop a bench strength of the women`s team, Lim told PTI that current bunch`s performance is bound to drop if the graph of any of the archer fall.
"It was necessary to identify young talents as some of the archers in the current batch are growing old," he added.
Arjuna awardee Olympians Dola (33-year-old) Bombayala Devi (28) and Swuro (31) are already old, the coach said.
"The performance of the Indian women recurve team would be hit if they failed to maintain form during the next four years," he insisted.
Lim, who has been appointed as Indian recurve coach, expressed confidence that India would perform well in the World Cup stage I and II beginning next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29