Archery team to leave tomorrow for World Cup Stage 4
New Delhi: A 21-member Indian archery team, comprising the likes of Tarundeep Rai and Deepika Kumari, will leave on Saturday for the Wroclaw, Poland to participate in the World Cup Stage IV starting August 19.
"Indian archers are in fantastic form and they will perform magnificently in the concluding World Cup of this year maintaining their excellent medal winning form," said Archery Association of India President Vijay Kumar Malhotra.
The Indian archery team for the World Championship to be staged at Antalya from September 29 to October 6 would be selected at Aurangabad (Maharashtra) from September 4 to 7.
Selection trials for junior and youth archery teams for important the Youth World Championship will be held at Pune from September 1 to 3.
The team members are as follows:-
Recurve Men: Tarundeep Rai, Atanu Das, Jayanta Talukdar, Priyank.
Recurve Women: Bombayla Devi Laishram, Deepika Kumari, Rimil Biriuly, Dola Banerjee.
Compound Men: Ratan Singh Khuraijam, Rajat Chouhan, Sandeep Kumar, Abhishek Verma.
Compound Women: Trisha Deb, Lily Chanu Paonam, V Jyothi Surekha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside