Archery team to leave tomorrow for World Cup Stage 4
New Delhi: A 21-member Indian archery team, comprising the likes of Tarundeep Rai and Deepika Kumari, will leave on Saturday for the Wroclaw, Poland to participate in the World Cup Stage IV starting August 19.
"Indian archers are in fantastic form and they will perform magnificently in the concluding World Cup of this year maintaining their excellent medal winning form," said Archery Association of India President Vijay Kumar Malhotra.
The Indian archery team for the World Championship to be staged at Antalya from September 29 to October 6 would be selected at Aurangabad (Maharashtra) from September 4 to 7.
Selection trials for junior and youth archery teams for important the Youth World Championship will be held at Pune from September 1 to 3.
The team members are as follows:-
Recurve Men: Tarundeep Rai, Atanu Das, Jayanta Talukdar, Priyank.
Recurve Women: Bombayla Devi Laishram, Deepika Kumari, Rimil Biriuly, Dola Banerjee.
Compound Men: Ratan Singh Khuraijam, Rajat Chouhan, Sandeep Kumar, Abhishek Verma.
Compound Women: Trisha Deb, Lily Chanu Paonam, V Jyothi Surekha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- IPL 2016, Eliminator: SRH beat KKR by 22 runs; play Gujarat in 2nd qualifier for place in final
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results likely to be declared on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- ISRO to test next reusable launch vehicle after studying data of May 23 flight
- Beware! Grilled food not good for health!
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally