Archery World Cup: Indian women outclass China to claim team gold
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian women’s archery team defeated China in the recurve event to claim the gold medal at the Archery World Cup Stage 3 in Medellin, Columbia on Sunday.
The team of Rimil Buriuly, L Bombayla Devi and Deepika Kumari outclassed the top seeded Chinese trio of Xu Jing, Cheng Ming and Cui Yuanyuan 201-186.
This is India’s first World Cup Women’s team gold since their triumph in Shanghai back in 2011.
Earlier, India clinched a bronze medal in the compound men`s team event to open their account in the Archery World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy