Archery World Cup: Indian women outclass China to claim team gold
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian women’s archery team defeated China in the recurve event to claim the gold medal at the Archery World Cup Stage 3 in Medellin, Columbia on Sunday.
The team of Rimil Buriuly, L Bombayla Devi and Deepika Kumari outclassed the top seeded Chinese trio of Xu Jing, Cheng Ming and Cui Yuanyuan 201-186.
This is India’s first World Cup Women’s team gold since their triumph in Shanghai back in 2011.
Earlier, India clinched a bronze medal in the compound men`s team event to open their account in the Archery World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?