Archery World Cup: Indian women outclass China to claim team gold
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian women’s archery team defeated China in the recurve event to claim the gold medal at the Archery World Cup Stage 3 in Medellin, Columbia on Sunday.
The team of Rimil Buriuly, L Bombayla Devi and Deepika Kumari outclassed the top seeded Chinese trio of Xu Jing, Cheng Ming and Cui Yuanyuan 201-186.
This is India’s first World Cup Women’s team gold since their triumph in Shanghai back in 2011.
Earlier, India clinched a bronze medal in the compound men`s team event to open their account in the Archery World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer