Argentina aim to reach final of HWL, says assistant coach Corradini
New Delhi: Argentina have fixed their sights on reaching the summit clash of the Hockey World League Final to be played at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium from January 10 to 18 here, said assistant coach Agustin Corradini.
"We are focusing on reaching the finals of this tournament. Teams like Netherlands, Belgium, Germany are strong opponents. At present, we are analysing the situation and have our back-up plans in place which hopefully work for us in the tournament," Corradini said after his team`s practice session at the National Stadium today.
Argentina will play The Netherlands in their tournament opener on January 10.
Argentina captain Facundo Callioni said their immediate target is to reach the quarter-finals of the eight-nation event.
"Our first target is quarters and we will then take each match as it comes. Netherlands, Germany and Belgium are the teams to look out for as they have been in good form in the recent past," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details
- JNU rape case: Accused scholar Anmol Ratan suspended from university