Argentina aim to reach final of HWL, says assistant coach Corradini
New Delhi: Argentina have fixed their sights on reaching the summit clash of the Hockey World League Final to be played at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium from January 10 to 18 here, said assistant coach Agustin Corradini.
"We are focusing on reaching the finals of this tournament. Teams like Netherlands, Belgium, Germany are strong opponents. At present, we are analysing the situation and have our back-up plans in place which hopefully work for us in the tournament," Corradini said after his team`s practice session at the National Stadium today.
Argentina will play The Netherlands in their tournament opener on January 10.
Argentina captain Facundo Callioni said their immediate target is to reach the quarter-finals of the eight-nation event.
"Our first target is quarters and we will then take each match as it comes. Netherlands, Germany and Belgium are the teams to look out for as they have been in good form in the recent past," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- India gives marching orders to three Chinese scribes to leave country by July 31 - Know why
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- 2016 Rio setback for India: Olympics shooter down in Lausanne
- 225 killed or missing in China rains; protests break out
- Police pressuring woman to give false statement against Amanantullah Khan: AAP