Argentina aim to reach final of HWL, says assistant coach Corradini
New Delhi: Argentina have fixed their sights on reaching the summit clash of the Hockey World League Final to be played at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium from January 10 to 18 here, said assistant coach Agustin Corradini.
"We are focusing on reaching the finals of this tournament. Teams like Netherlands, Belgium, Germany are strong opponents. At present, we are analysing the situation and have our back-up plans in place which hopefully work for us in the tournament," Corradini said after his team`s practice session at the National Stadium today.
Argentina will play The Netherlands in their tournament opener on January 10.
Argentina captain Facundo Callioni said their immediate target is to reach the quarter-finals of the eight-nation event.
"Our first target is quarters and we will then take each match as it comes. Netherlands, Germany and Belgium are the teams to look out for as they have been in good form in the recent past," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption