Argentina aim to reach final of HWL, says assistant coach Corradini
New Delhi: Argentina have fixed their sights on reaching the summit clash of the Hockey World League Final to be played at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium from January 10 to 18 here, said assistant coach Agustin Corradini.
"We are focusing on reaching the finals of this tournament. Teams like Netherlands, Belgium, Germany are strong opponents. At present, we are analysing the situation and have our back-up plans in place which hopefully work for us in the tournament," Corradini said after his team`s practice session at the National Stadium today.
Argentina will play The Netherlands in their tournament opener on January 10.
Argentina captain Facundo Callioni said their immediate target is to reach the quarter-finals of the eight-nation event.
"Our first target is quarters and we will then take each match as it comes. Netherlands, Germany and Belgium are the teams to look out for as they have been in good form in the recent past," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Badaun re-run? Teenage girl murdered after gang-rape, body hanged from tree in UP
- Teen sensation Marcus Rashford signs bumper long-term contract at Manchester United: Reports
- Mexican soccer star Alan Pulido kidnapped in border state
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair crashes out of French Open
- 2nd Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka's Angelo Mathews leads from front to frustrate England