Argentina aim to reach final of HWL, says assistant coach Corradini
New Delhi: Argentina have fixed their sights on reaching the summit clash of the Hockey World League Final to be played at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium from January 10 to 18 here, said assistant coach Agustin Corradini.
"We are focusing on reaching the finals of this tournament. Teams like Netherlands, Belgium, Germany are strong opponents. At present, we are analysing the situation and have our back-up plans in place which hopefully work for us in the tournament," Corradini said after his team`s practice session at the National Stadium today.
Argentina will play The Netherlands in their tournament opener on January 10.
Argentina captain Facundo Callioni said their immediate target is to reach the quarter-finals of the eight-nation event.
"Our first target is quarters and we will then take each match as it comes. Netherlands, Germany and Belgium are the teams to look out for as they have been in good form in the recent past," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak